Skin Care // Winter Nighttime Routine

February 19, 2015

When the temperature drops, a trip to Sephora is always justified.

Moving to Boston has essentially dried out my once combination-oily skin. Cross-country flights, freezing temperatures, and wind advisories have left me with no choice than to adjust my skin care routine accordingly. Since I don't want my skin to freak out with something as drastic as changing my entire routine, I've opted to replace oil-control products with moisturizing ones during the time where my skin is not covered in makeup- night!

Boots Botanics Organic Facial Oil, $8.99- When regular moisturizers don't do the job, opt for a light facial oil. This particular oil has a faint herbal scent, but leaves my skin feeling quite supple and plump in the morning. I apply a tiny amount all over my face, usually avoiding the eye area, and have since noticed a slight fading of past blemish scars. For the price and amount, I definitely plan on repurchasing!

Collagen Face Mask Moisturizing Sleeping Pack, $7.45*- Flying from Boston to Los Angeles isn't exactly the most ideal situation for one's skin. Since I had to make the trip about four times, I had been searching for an affordable overnight/leave-in facial mask that wouldn't break my budget. Thanfully, I picked up this mask at Daiso and found it to be just as beneficial as my travel-sized Korres Greek Yoghurt Advanced Nourishing Sleeping Facial... but my eye is still on the Origins Intensive Overnight Mask simply for it's packaging.

Algenist Compete Eye Renewal Balm, $65- Thankfully this was a sample from a Sephora VIB Rouge beauty bag since eye creams are expensive as it is. I've been using this for a few months now and have yet to even leave a mark in the tiny 1oz. container. You don't need very much product at all to wake up with soft, moisturized, and non-puffy eyelids/under eyes.

(Malin + Goetz) Mojito Lip Balm, $12- This has been a staple in my routine whenever the winter months roll around. The non-greasy and relatively lightweight formula help protect my lips from even the coldest of wind tunnels. This product sinks into the skin and doesn't leave a waxy residue after application, which make it perfect for dry skin alleviation.

Burt's Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream, $6- The finishing step to my routine is the application of this lemon buttercream-scented balm. It leaves my (most likely) bitten or dry (gross, I know) cuticles super soft and almost entirely repaired in the morning. While this is a fantastic product on its own, it's even more fun to apply on-the-go as a way to pass time (i.e. long subway rides).

That's it for my current skin care nighttime routine for when my skin is especially dry. What are some of your favorite winter must-haves? Let me know in the comments down below!

* I purchased this product at Daiso Japan for $1.50, but as this retailer may not be available everywhere, I've included a link to an Amazon seller.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

About

Hi! I'm 8-Bit Blossom, a 20-something lover of all things cosplay, skin care, and low-budget travel.

Archive

Contact

8-Bit Blossom | Los Angeles, California 8bitblossom@gmail.com