Face It // Japanese + Korean Sheet Mask Haul

September 27, 2016



Oh Sheet! With the rising popularity of Japanese and Korean skin care, Little Tokyo once again strikes gold with their extensive array of carefully curated beauty gems. From moisture to texture refinement, sheet masks pack a ton of skin solutions into one small package.

When your skin is transitioning between seasons, it's best to be preventative and introduce a new regime slowly and thoughtfully. Sheet masks offer the perfect solution to this edit, in which using just a few choice products per week will saturate your skin with whatever nutrients you may be missing. For me, moisture is the most common culprit- so sheet masks (which differ from mud, peel-off, and cream face masks) targeting hydration have been a must-have within my routine. Here's what I picked up over the past few weeks while strolling through the sunny streets of Little Tokyo, L.A.

  • Pure Smile Honey Essence Mask
  • Pure Smile Strawberry Milk Essence Mask
  • Pure Smile Choosy Lip Pack, Honey
  • Pure Smile Lemon Point Pad, 10pc
  • Naisture Tea Tree Mask Pack
  • My Beauty Diary Black Pearl Mask
  • Neogence N3 Mandelic Acid Refining Mask
  • OTAKU White Willow Nourishing Mask
  • Lululun Precious Aging Care Face Mask Moist, 7pc
  • TonyMoly I'm Real Rice Mask Sheet, Clear Skin
The most differentiating aspect between most of these particular products is the size and quality of the sheet mask itself (sans essence and serums). The more 'expensive' brands had a thicker and slightly heavier cotton sheet weight, and often had a smaller overall facial fit. Neogence sheet masks were typically the most soaked in essence, and had my favorite overall brand design. Pure Smile tends to have a lower price point, and I would highly recommend them due to their wide selection of sheet-related products.

This haul has only solidified my love for Japanese and Korean skin care products. Not only do I have an unusually high success rate with most products, but the affordability of it all is enough to make me continue to purchase anything I can get my grubby little hands on.

Would you consider trying out a sheet mask or two? Do you have a favorite sheet mask brand? Let me know in the comments below!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

About

Hi! I'm 8-Bit Blossom, a 20-something lover of all things cosplay, skin care, and low-budget travel.

Archive

Contact

8-Bit Blossom | Los Angeles, California 8bitblossom@gmail.com