Daiso Skin Care // Collection + Review

August 19, 2015



$1.50 for skin care products- too good to be true? I put some Daiso Japan goodies to the test and report the surprising results!

Daiso Japan Hyaluronic Acid Sleeping Pack, $6.00* // Since I've yet to purchase a high-end overnight mask, I thought trying out an affordable option would only set me back $1.50 at Daiso (and I had not much else to lose). This product consists of a clear gel that you apply all over the face and neck area 1-2 times per week in order to boost the moisture levels of the skin. The benefits of the main ingredient, hylauronic acid, are incredible: "it’s considered to have a greater capacity to hold moisture than any other natural or synthetic polymer. In fact, one gram of hyaluronic acid is able to hold up to six liters of water" (x).

So $1.50 for on overnight mask- was it worth it? The morning after I applied this mask, my face felt just as plump and moisturized as when I would apply a serum. After initial application, my face felt neither greasy or weighed down as much as a typical mud mask. If you find that your skin is feeling dry or dehydrated, give this mask a try and see the results for yourself!

Daiso Japan Collagen Sleeping Pack, $6.20 // I had mentioned this particular product in a previous post, but thought that I should include it here so give a bit of an update on my thoughts. While the texture, consistency, and overall feel are quite similar to the previous hyaluronic acid overnight mask, I find that this product does have more of a skin-firming quality to it. In short, this and the previous mask each differ according to their respective main ingredient, and the results reflect this, as well. If I'm in need of a more ant-aging regimen, I'd opt for this collagen-based mask more often than anything else.


Daiso Japan Natural Pack Charcoal Peel Off Mask, $4.50 // If there was one item that you simply must try from this post, let it be this one for the sheer fun of it! I know that's lame, but hear me out. You apply the opaque black cream to the desired area of your face, preferably one ridden with blackheads, wait 10-15 minutes and peel off the now dry black patch. Upon close inspection, you'll notice micro-white and black beads of excess sebum, oil, and clogged pores! Although I use this on my T-zone and nose exclusively, I highly recommend this to anyone looking to banish those unsightly blackheads while on a budget.

Daiso Japan Decollete & Neck Gel, $2.50 // When I say I'm addicted to skin care, I mean it- and this purchase proves it. Since I'm now in my twenties, I fear the inevitable aging process and will try literally anything to prevent that. So now here I am, applying this clear gel to my neck and decollete either in vain or as a placebo, because while I see no visible differences, I feel much better about using it (*silent sobbing*). However, I apply this only 2-3 times per week, so perhaps if I applied this nightly I'd see more consistent results. In any case, this was by far the most affordable neck cream I have ever seen, the closest being at least $60 at Sephora. So, if you're curious, I say by all means, try this one out! you won't be losing very much, and you might delay that horrible aging process even just a bit.

I hope you enjoyed hearing about my brave venture into dollar-store skin care! I have a sheet mask post in the works now, see please keep an eye out for that coming soon. Have you tried any of Daiso Japan's skin care products? Let me know in the comments!

* I purchased each of these products at Daiso Japan for $1.50, but as this retailer may not be available everywhere, I've included links to various online sellers.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

About

Hi! I'm 8-Bit Blossom, a 20-something lover of all things cosplay, skin care, and low-budget travel.

Archive

Contact

8-Bit Blossom | Los Angeles, California 8bitblossom@gmail.com