Gunpla // Petit'gguy Future Pink OOB Build

July 30, 2015



Can a model kit get much cuter? Probably not. Progress, review, and my experience with my first kit ever!

I never thought I'd pay real money to build my own toy- I mean uh, figure. I'm probably the last person you should ask about model kit building. With that said, I thought it'd be interesting for me to review what it was like to experience this hobby for the very first time.

Sidenote: this is the review for the smaller bear guys, not the original and larger Bear'gguy from the GunPla Builders series.

So I asked Carlo (who built the yellow kit) about what I should include in my review, and he mentioned lots of things about runners, articulation, posability... but I think the real question here is how cute is the small bear guy in reality? Well, as an expert in all things cute and chubb, I'd give this sucker my seal of approval. Not only is it small, perfectly round, and pink, but it's also matte. I love that.


On to the boring stuff that most people probably want to know about. The kit came with 3-4 runners, in pink or white. Petite'gguy only has a few point of articulation, mainly each of his little grubby limbs. I used a regular ol' clipper from Daiso and a bit of sandpaper (the grit is fleeting me at the moment), and it took me a little over one hour since I'm so slow and new to this whole thing.

Carlo picked up this kit for me at Frank and Son's Collectible Show in the City of Industry, in a little booth for about $8. As far as the overall feel of the kit, I'd say it's relatively sturdy on the base, but Carlo's kit was pretty loose so maybe it's just hit or miss. Like the title states, I made this kit completely out of the box, so no panel lining, shading, painting, nothin'. However, I find that Petite'gguy can handle lots of cute poses if you channel your inner magical girl, which is great because he's only got a few movable parts.


If I were to change anything about this kit, it'd be that it came with an accessory or two. I'm talkin' like a tiny donut or something to hold onto. I'd also take my time cutting each little gate from the runner (am I using this terms right who knows). In all, I'd give this kit a 9/10 because it was east, had simple japanese instructions, and was really fun to build! Now does anyone know which kit to build from here?


You Might Also Like

0 comments

About

Hi! I'm 8-Bit Blossom, a 20-something lover of all things cosplay, skin care, and low-budget travel.

Archive

Contact

8-Bit Blossom | Los Angeles, California 8bitblossom@gmail.com