Inspirational Blogs // Design + More

March 15, 2015


Everyone needs a creative pick-me-up once in a while! Here's what I frequent for inspiration in design + more. Every now and then I look to a few blogs to ~reignite~ creative energy. The clean photos, unique content, and minimal feel always serve as a nice pick-me-up whenever I'm feeling quite lackluster. Most of blogs I frequet can be found on the Bloglovin' platform, which I think is a fantastic way to follow all of your favorite sites in one place.

Beauty // Essiebutton
Arguably my favorite YouTuber, Essie's website provides enough beauty and skin care recommendations that are complemented with really clean, bright photographs. I find that she tries to incorporate many lesser-known brands into her routine, which serves as a nice ??? from the norm. Most, if not all, of the products I've tried work great for me (the latest being Maybelline's Eye Studio Color Tattoo Leather in 'Creamy Beige'). I could go on for days about how much I adore Essie, but I'll just leave it at 'I chopped my hair off because I want to essentially be her'. I'm not even joking...

Lifestyle // Jenn Im
Now onto someone who is cooler than the legal limit of cool (I can't believe I just typed that), Jenn Im/clothesencounters on YouTube. If you ever think your life is boring or mundane, live vicariously through Jenn's gorgeous editing and straight-up fabulous lifestyle vlogs. One day she'll be living it up in her new home of Los Angeles, the next she's off to Tokyo *dreamy sigh*.

Content // Into the Gloss
While I love monthly favorites videos as much as the next person, sometimes a change of pace is sorely needed. Into the Gloss provides posts that range from beauty tutorials to the best korean skin care products, all while maintaining a fashion magazine-esque feel. All of their contributors are incredibly knowledgeable about their subject matter, which is always a nice plus, as well.

Design // The Private Life of a Girl
Let's talk minimal. This blog is as no-frills as you can get, and I love it. I find myself constantly torn between my love of all things cute, chubby, and pink, and the bright, cleanness of minimalist style. Fortunately, this blog manages to maintain pretty content without the sacrifice of style. If you ever need a dose of sleek and simple design, this is the blog for you.

Photography // From Roses
Rebecca's photos always emit a sense of girly-chic eye-candy. The soft filters and arrangement of products are always inspiring me to really think about subject matter. I'm no professional photographer, but learning from people who clearly know what they're doing is always a huge help. Sometimes the photos are so beautiful that they encourage me to pick up said products despite them laying in the bottom of some drawer somewhere.

Hopefully these blogs help you find your daily inspiration! What blogs fill you up with happiness? Let me know!

Feature Photo Credit: Top LeftTop RightBottom LeftBottom Right

You Might Also Like

0 comments

About

Hi! I'm 8-Bit Blossom, a 20-something lover of all things cosplay, skin care, and low-budget travel.

Archive

Contact

8-Bit Blossom | Los Angeles, California 8bitblossom@gmail.com