Minimalist Must-Haves // MUJI Stationary

September 08, 2015



I stumbled upon the blogger haven of MUJI while on a trip to New York City, and have been converted to the minimalist style ever since.

As an avid bloglovin' reader, I have developed a liking towards the ever so trendy 'minimalist' chic look every beauty blogger has recently adopted. White bases, no-frills, and function over fashion have almost completely taken over my once ultra-pink room, and the phenomenon has since made its way into my station collection.

MUJI clear matte travel pouch // While this particular item was intended for travel accessories, I thought the size would function perfectly as a pencil pouch! It's super light, easy to clean, and I have since taken a liking to matte finishes on products.

MUJI single lined notebook, $1.75 // If the right-sided binding has you a bit shaken, no need to fear- this simple lined notebook works just as well when flipped over (i.e., there are no page numbers or interior decorations that would look strange mirrored). I really enjoy this notebook's thin appearance, and the cardboard cover perfectly compliments the popular 'wood and white' design combination.

MUJI notepad, $1.75 // A list-makers dream, this product has a barely noticeable clear front cover to protect your dailies from getting torn, ripped off of the notepad, or spilled on. I use this particular task list for jotting down potential blog post ideas.

MUJI clear acrylic tape dispenser // My favorite item form the bunch! Not only does this tape dispenser look so sleek on my desk, but it's incredibly easy to switch tapes in and out of. This comes in handy when I decide to splurge on cute washi tape, oops...

MUJI 0.38mm black ink pen (not pictured) // I've been meaning to find a fine-tip pen with a steady, non-blotchy inkwell, and I think I have finally found it! This pen functions just as well as my beloved Pilot G-2 05, but with a much finer point. Plus, the matte finish and light weight make it an excellent addition to your counter top.

Daiso Japan clear acrylic scissors, $1.50 // I thought I'd sneak this product into the post because it's just too awesome to leave unnoticed. This particular pair of scissors is not only the holy trinity of minimal aesthetics- acrylic, clear, and matte, but it is probably the best pair of scissors I've bought in years. The blades are so sharp and have a really nice weight to them, as well.

*As of this post's published date, MUJI's online U.S. site is currently down, and I am unable to retrieve prices and links. Apologies, but I've included a few prices while referencing my photos!

My journey into minimalism has just begun, but I love where I'm headed thus far! Do you have any MUJI favorites? Let me know in the comments, and good luck to all of you in the upcoming school year!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

About

Hi! I'm 8-Bit Blossom, a 20-something lover of all things cosplay, skin care, and low-budget travel.

Archive

Contact

8-Bit Blossom | Los Angeles, California 8bitblossom@gmail.com